The time has come where VectorayGen 1.03 has been released!
If you download this new version and don’t have a new license key yet, please be patient and we’ll get it to you as soon as possible.
There are plenty of long awaited features in this build so lets get into it:
- The “Mesh” node has been added. This lets you generate vectors that go around meshes as a pseudo-airflow. You can import .obj and.fbx files and it is similar to the SDF node. The meshes are saved with the projects/presets, so it doesn’t read from the local file once its imported and saved.
- The software now automatically checks for updates on startup.
- A ‘tightness’ parameter has been added, similar to Unreal Engine. A tightness of 1 means the vector field is a velocity field while a tightness of 0 means that it is an acceleration/force field.
- We have moved to a new licensing system. There is now a 14 day trial instead of a maximum number of charges. License verification is now more robust and has a grace period for a couple of days until it has to checked again. You cannot save projects during the trial, but you can export as many vector fields as you want.
- [BREAKING]: Changed internal coordinate system to centimeters. Vector lengths are now in cm/s, i.e. a value of 100 means 1 m/s. This means old project presets and settings will be wrong.
- [BREAKING]: The Fade node now has a fourth parameter, a length scale. For the math inclined, the formula for the length of the vector is now min + (max – min)*(distantlength)^exponent. I.e. if min = 0, max = 100, length = 256 and exponent = 1, then the length of a vector will be 100 at a distance 256 cm away from the center.
- SDF node added, generating flow around prefab objects. Spheres, cylinders, and boxes.
- SDF node is now saved and loaded properly.
- Key binding for SDF node added.
- You can now drag-and-drop projects and presets in the node graph!
- You can now export to more coordinate reference lengths: mm, cm, m, inches and feet.
- The spotlight is now tethered to bounding box, placed a certain distance below it at all times.
- The slicing option was moved from Preferences to both Vector and Particle settings.
- Fixed a bug where connecting nodes in certain configurations failed, where a cyclic graph was erroneously detected.
- Keybindings for the Noise and Mesh nodes were added.
- Lots of backend cleanup.